St. Genevieve Parish COVID-19 Precautions/Policy
For THE CELEBRATION OF THE SACRED LITURGY
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as our faith community continues to return to Mass.
IMPORTANT: Archbishop Perez’s dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days remains in place until further notice. Anyone who is “at elevated risk” for COVID-19 should remain at home and continue to keep holy the Lord’s Day with prayer and reflection, along with the viewing of a live streamed or televised celebration of Mass.
St. Genevieve Mass schedule is as follows: 5pm Saturday Vigil; 7:30, 9, 10:30am and 5pm Sunday Masses. The Noon Mass has been suspended.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE 3 YRS OLD AND UP. Masks must remain on throughout the Mass. Masks are an important mitigation technique to the spread of infections and are for the safety of everyone.
- Ushers will assist people in finding seats that are marked to maintain about 6 ft. between Mass attendees. Families or persons residing in the same household may sit together at Mass.
- Social (Safe) Distance Pew Seats will have a minimum safe perimeter of 6 feet around each person. Our safe-distance capacity is very limited. When the number of Mass attendees exceeds our optimum number, we will be unable to assure 6 ft. of social distance between people. Each person should continue to assess their own comfort level based on the social distancing which our Church’s configuration allows.
- We ask that you please refrain from congregating before and after Mass to help keep viral transmission possibilities at a minimum.
- The restrooms are being kept locked since there is no way for multiple persons to use them and still maintain safe distancing. Please see an usher if you need to use the restroom.
- We are using electrostatic spraying equipment along with the latest EPA approved disinfectants multiple times/week to keep the surfaces in the Church pathogen-free. We are also wiping down the high-touch surfaces between Masses as an additional safety measure.
- There will be no collection baskets passed. Please use the metal offering boxes at each exit to deposit your contributions. Thank you for continuing your financial support of the parish. We strongly urge you to sign up for online giving (com, click the Online Giving button on the right side). If you need assistance signing up, please call, or email the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have taken steps to contract the amount of music and sung Mass parts along with other necessary steps to help minimize your time spent inside the Church without adversely affecting the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
THE COMMUNION RITE
Thank you for waiting for our ushers to invite your pew to go up to receive the Eucharist at safe distance spacing. The priest/celebrant (and deacon if present) will distribute to all – one pew and section at a time. They will bring the Eucharist to anyone who is physically challenged. Please notify an usher or someone if you need Communion brought to you. As you approach the priest, you should then unfasten one side of your mask for reception. After receiving, step aside, consume the Most Blessed Sacrament, replace your mask, and return to your pew.
We ask that you exit Church immediately after Mass so that sanitation efforts can take place. Please maintain safe distances while exiting Church. You may use all three exits: main doors, Mary Garden doors by the Confessional, and the Bethlehem Pike doors.
We thank you for your continued cooperation.
God bless all of you.
St. Genevieve… Pray for us!